Monday, May 19, 2008

Girl's Day

I have been tired of dealing with my daughter's very long hair - the tangles and knots, the mess of it all! She wants to wear it down, I want to put it up in a pony tail. It seems it's always in her face.
Soooo, I brought up the idea of getting it cut.
It was all she could think of! So, Saturday I took her to the mall, and to a salon for a haircut. She was also thrilled as this was her first real haircut (other than a trim, or a haircut by mom). She was sitting in the chair, and the hairstylist started cutting in the back first. She slowly worked her way to the front, and when Jalyn saw her hair, how short it was, she started to get that "giddy" excited giggle and some sort of shaking thing going on. The lady said, "You are really excited aren't you?" Jalyn replied that she looked like a different person.
If I would known how happy a haircut could make her, I'd have done it sooner. It was a little sad to see all of that long hair on the floor, but she had never looked happier walking through the mall! And to top it off, she got a cute pair of shoes too! She was so excited to go to school today to see what her friends would think.






Now I'm thinking, what about Me?? I am hating my hair right now. But can't decide what to do with it. I want something that will make me as happy with my hair as Jalyn is with hers!