And I realized something that doesn't seem possible to me.
I almost don't even want to write it.
I graduated the month I turned 18.
Here's the really bad part.
That was 18 years ago this month.
How can this be?
I can remember going to my high school graduation, feeling sad that I wouldn't see all my friends again. I recall everyone seemed so excited, except me. I remember as all of us graduates filed into the auditorium, with the all the applause, I felt....Wow. Like my life would never be the same, but even more, I wondered what on earth would happen after this day. My good friend Larry Bayer was in front of me in ABC order. He had been diagnosed with bone cancer that year, and I couldn't help wanting to remember that he was with us. He went on to college and passed away about 2 years later. (We were stationed in Michigan at the time.)
And just like I thought, I haven't seen almost any of those people again. And would I really want to at this point? Probably not!
But still, how could 18 years pass by so fast. I always remember old people would say such things, and I would chalk it up to "things old people say". AAHHH!!! Now I am saying it - where did the time go?
Part of me feels so grown up, when I look at my house, and my three growing kids.
But another part of me remembers what it is like to be an 18 year old girl, and it seems like I was her - just a short while ago.



