My son is obsessed with "Ucky Cheese". He used to call it, "Key Cheese", now somehow even though he loves it more, it's now, "Ucky Cheese". Anyone who knows our area knows that to get to Ucky Cheese, you go on the interstate, for most of us, then when you get off, you have to drive on the overpass that goes above the interstate to get there. Well, all this time you think your 2 yr old isn't paying much attention to these things, but he knows we go over a "bridge" (Thanks to his love of Thomas the Tank Engine, and all the bridges he crosses). Well, every overpass he sees now, he cries out, "Ucky Cheese!". First it is with enthusiasm, with hopes I am actually taking him there, then when he realizes that's not happening, his "Ucky Cheese" cries become desperate and heart wrenching. Even worse, we have to go under an overpass right by our neighborhood, coming off the interstate, well, now he sees this and says, "Oh, bridge!". Then he sees we are headed home and to put it mildly, is not happy.
So yesterday, I just had to take him. I only do this about once a month, but the excitement on his face and in his voice, when we actually pull up in front of it is priceless. He repeats over and over, "Ucky Cheese!", and I assure him, YES, it is "Ucky Cheese!". And yes, it was fun, just to follow him around as he goes from game to game, and as he eats his pizza watching Ucky sing on stage. Mind you, we can't even go in the room where Ucky is singing, because he's actually afraid of him. But if we stay at a distance, he loves him. Hopefully, but doubtfully, I can now go by overpasses and bridges for a few days without the desperate hopes of going back to "Ucky Cheese".



