Saturday, February 23, 2008

Oh, if only

Jacob, Jalyn and Joshua at the Lake


Joshua throwing rocks in the "ter" (water)



If only every day could be as beautiful as this one! It's sunny, not too hot, not too cold, a light breeze, how wonderful. I took the kids out to Lake Pontchartrain, just to see it up close on such a pretty day. It was the first time Joshua got to throw rocks in it - he had fun. He would squat near the water and say, "Wow, tee!" Which means "Wow - Pretty!", of course!


This day reminds me of many in my own house, when the weather was cool enough to open all the windows and let the fresh air in. My Mom would be cleaning or sweeping outside (both of which I just did) and me and my siblings would be playing on the front porch, or carport. I just remember that sunny look, with the wind blowing into my room.

I even just finished making a favorite treat that my mom always made when I was a kid. Graham crackers with powdered sugar icing on them. They always bring back memories, and are so good I always wonder why I never think to make them more often.

Now here I am - all grown up, in my own house. With the windows open and the sun shining in. Jacob playing out back with a couple of friends, Jalyn at a neighborhood friends' house baking cookies, Joshua watching "Little Bill", me cooking dinner and waiting for Clay to come home from work.

For now, I'm glad to say, nearly everything seems perfect on this beautiful day!
Thank you Lord.