Sunday, February 17, 2008
This is our time
I try to always keep this in mind, but for the past few days, it has been on my mind more so. THIS IS OUR TIME ON EARTH. Now, I don't know how many people contemplate this fact, but for me, this affects almost every aspect of my life. Think about it, how many people have lived on this earth? I have no idea. Let's just say billions. And they each had their lives, just like us. Going through childhood, falling in love, having children, facing wonderful moments and heartbreaking hardships, much like us. During their lives, I'm sure they thought "this is it". Much the way people think they are invincable, that their life will go and on. But how much time do we each get here? At most a 100 years, but much more likely less. I don't mean this to be depressing. It causes me to want to enjoy life, all of it. It causes me to want to take it slow, enjoy taking long walks with my children, looking at the skies. Spending lots of family time. Blowing bubbles into the tub, while my littlest one laughs - listening to them pop on the water. Reading books to my children. Taking them to the park, watching them delight in play. It causes me not to stress and get so upset about things that are temporal. Like Jacob's math grade average right now! I started getting very stressed over it, but then I realized this too shall pass. It is not the end of the world, it is not even one fraction of anything horrible on the earth. I try to focus on what is really important and not waste my time on things that do nothing to add to my life. We all do things like waste too much time surfing the web, watching too much tv, and rushing through life. When I find myself doing this, I stop and really think about the moments I am missing. All the times I have spent sad and depressed and worrying over something, all the while not thinking that I would not get that time back. It's our time on this planet. We are "up to bat", so to speak. God has given us this wonderful life, full of many blessings. Even the hard times are lessons. There are times I look up at the sky, whether it be blue skies with white whispy clouds, or the blue night sky with all of the stars, or when I look into the eyes of my children and feel such love, and hear their laughter, I am exhilerated that I get to see this. To be apart of this wonderful life, right now. These days I have been given, however long, I want to live enjoying this time I have, and I want to live following God. I want to live my life so that it counts. So that my children will follow Him, all the days of their lives. Without faith in God, and His promise of life forever in heaven, this is all there is. As wonderful as this life can be, it will end. This time is but a breath. Jesus says in John 11:25-26, "I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in me will live, even though he dies; and whoever lives and believes in me will never die."
Labels:
Inspiring,
reflecting,
Thoughts



