
A picture of me and Clay at our first anniversary - 1992.
I met Clay when I was 17 years old and here we are on our 17th Anniversary. How can that be? At times it feels like I was a teenager a short time ago.
Even though I look back on this picture with happiness, I can't help but be sad also. When you first come together as man and wife, you cannot possibly invision what things will take place during your marriage. All you think of is the love you share, and know that if that love remains, you can weather anything. Clay's sister took this picture of us in the backyard of their parents house. We spent lots of time there - in the backyard, having crawfish boils, bonfires, and lots of time spent sitting under the back porch with family members - just talking. Clay's parents have been gone now for several years. Since Feb. 9th, 1991, there have been many dearly loved people who are no longer with us. That's the part that makes me sad.
Then I bring myself to the present and see that what started out as two people in love, has multiplied into a family of 5. We still look at each other in amazement that their are three little people (Jacob shouldn't be considered little anymore because he has now outgrown me!), who in God's plan, we have brought into the world. How wonderful is that?
I pray that God blesses the next 17 years as much as the first.



