Joshua said his name for the first time. Well, his version of his name. When he looks at the pictures in our hallway, he always says, "Bubba, Sissy, Baby". So we say, "Bubba, Sissy, Joshua (or Joshie)". And he finally said this week, "Bubba, Sissy, Baby Shee", for Josh-ie." It was as cute as I always thought it would be when he finally said his name. We'll work on the whole "Josh-ua" thing!
I was on the phone with my neice last night, whose little girl, Brooklyn is turning 2 this coming week. She asked her, "Brooklyn, how old are you going to be?" I hear her say, in that cute little girl voice, "2 year old". Emily said that she was holding up her 2 little thumbs, showing her mom.
Now, Joshua is 7 months older than Brooklyn. So, I admit I felt a little pang of.... okay, I won't label it. And then I was reminded of our first, Jacob, who could talk just like her at that age, and they were both potty trained before 2 (Jacob and Brooklyn). And then I am truly reminded that God makes all children special, with their own little personalities and gifts and purposes. They are all blessings, in all sorts of ways.
Oh, and after last weeks sickness and the most extreme bout of crabbiness I have ever seen in Joshua, I am so happy to report that he is back to his old self. Sweet again. Clay keeps saying, "Joshua, we are so glad to have you back!" Now I have to fight the urge to keep him in a sterile room, away from all other children. I do hate to deal with a sick kid. And he's just so nice now..... You understand, right???!!!!!



