Monday, October 31, 2011

Oh Autumn is Among Us!

My most favorite block of months has come.
The seasons that I love.
At first, I was so busy I could hardly enjoy them
or acknowledge their presence.

But look, a wonderful change has come...
My windows are open, and a soft cool breeze blows through.
Those first few cool days of the season - I could swear refreshes and renews my very soul.


A bit of fall - to welcome us all...


Mums, just opening - such an image of the season, to me


Trees are most beautiful in yellows and reds and oranges, I believe...


And on this crisp cool Saturday, I took my littlest guy to breathe in the beauty.
He ran to the flags and back, collecting leaves...


Stopping next to his Mama for a few...


Yes, each one a prize...


Twisting stems together to "experiment" - "will they float or sink?" 
The giggles in the watching!


In the midst of many changes - many unknowns
(why is it I always need to know?)
still have much to be grateful for...

562  Warm coffee

563  Soft sweaters

564  Warm socks

565  My kitchen table

566  Autumn leaves - brown and crunchy on the ground,
Orange, yellow and red on the trees

567  Books cleared from around my table

568  The hope God gives

569  Time to think - praying to stop using that time to worry

570  A beautiful day at the park with Joshua - just to play

571  A stranger/lady who gave him bread to feed to fishies

572  The delightful squeal of "I see a fish!"

573  The imagination of a 6 yr old

574  Ladies night for church

575  Sweet welcoming friends

576  Sharing a meal

577  Devotions read to a room full of hungry souls

578  Roasting marshmallows over a backyard firepit -
making yummy, sticky smores

579  Having the time to reach into my quiet time basket

580  A supportive hubby - through all my tears of the past week.


linking up with:


holy experience