Saturday, July 2, 2011

A Season for Weeping

I have always loved Weeping Willows...

Graceful and sad at the same time.
Long, weeping branches.
Tossed by the breeze.


Minus the gracefulness, they remind me of me right now...
Weeping and swaying, but standing (just barely).


There are very few times in a person's life (thank God),
when one's "usual" comforts fail.
When a storm comes so suddenly, so painfully....
One where every breath is thought out and deliberate...it hurts...
Such a season shows what you once thought were problems, weren't really problems at all.

I am in such a season...
Where I am standing like the mighty willow,
where I am planted...  because I must.
But I am so fragile and blowing by life's events.

None of my usual "loves" offer any comfort...
No book, no bath, no shopping trip, no food...
No computer, no facebook, no phone calls, no TV...

I am even near refusing comfort from God...
I am not angry with Him, but I am in such a state that comfort is hard to find.
Or should I say, receive.
When one wants only one thing,
and this thing I can not have...
When He has other plans for me
I find it so hard to open my hands and let Him have His way.

Such a season shows that all can be stripped away,
every earthly possession,
except those we love.

It boils down everything very quickly -
to either meaningless or meaningful.
There's no thinking about it or figuring it out -
it immediately becomes clear.

And I want nothing but the meaningful...
The touch and love of my sweet hubby.
The presence of my children.
The tears and prayers of the closest of friends.

As painful as this is right now,
I have seen and tasted that God is Good.
And though I must endure this season,
I know, He is still Good.