Friday, October 15, 2010

Complex



Who am anyway?
I think I shall never quite figure myself out.


This I know about me -

I think deeply
constantly
rampantly.
I see far ahead
and what is behind.
I see the whole scope of things
always before me.
I am extremely sentimental.
My love stretches widely
and is amazingly deep.
My thoughts and moods can vary within moments
depending on the clouds
the sun
the shadows
the music
the company
the time of day.
I do not like to argue,
don't like confrontation.
I am a worrier.
I hurt easily.
Little things can make me happy.
Like
 a hug
a kind word
a smile
a gesture
being home
a new book
a sweet story
a hand in mine.
I am serious
but can be silly.
I am quiet
but can chatter away.
I prefer being one on one
yet I love people.
Whatever I feel is always written on my face
I can't fake otherwise.
A part of me is strong
capable of anything.
And the other part is as fragile as butterfly wings.



I look up
and trust
God will mold me
in all my complexity
into something beautiful.
Something He can use.