Tuesday, March 2, 2010

A Busy Bee

This is what I have been.  Busy Busy Busy.

Last week we had Joshua's first cavity filled - a little traumatic - for me.... (and him)

Jalyn was sick and out of school for 3 days with fever and bad sore throat.

And I could read 24/7 and still not seem to catch up in all the Biology I must know and read.  I begin to rethink this nursing thing when the amount of information in Biology overwhelms me.  Especially when you have a teacher that says, "Read chapters 1-3 (or now 4-6) and I will let you know when the test is, oh, and print up my lecture notes."  Okay - I do all that - I print his 90 pages of lecture notes, I read and reread the text, then he gives us a test that has about 2 questions from his notes, and the other questions I can hardly find in the book.  It was the hardest test I have ever taken. 

I had my Algebra midterm yesterday morning - so for HOURS and HOURS this weekend, I practiced and practiced until all the equations and graphs and inequalities were blending together.....

So Sunday evening, I took a little break.  It was beautiful outside!  It was our warmest day in a long time - 70!  I vaccuumed my car!  I cleaned the garage out a bit.  I cut away all the frozen (dead) leaves and sticks  from winter - ones that will come back in the Spring.  I planted yellow iris' that my mom's neighbor up in the "country" gave me.  It felt great.






When I want to do something - I just do it.  I don't get into "gear" - no gloves (splinter to prove it), no work clothes (I was in the black capris I wore to church) - and my new flip flops I just bought for the inevitable warm weather.

They will be pretty when they come in.




And by the way - I took my 10 page, 32 questions Algebra midterm and made a PERFECT score on it!!!  I was so excited! 

Now Biology is another story.....  I would be thrilled to make a 90 on  a test in there....

Oh, and it rained so hard yesterday evening - and brought with it the cold temps again.  I think it is in the 30's right now - with the high today to be around 50 - just in case any of you think I am still basking in the sun!