Thursday, February 25, 2010

A Trip to the Country

We took a trip to my visit my parents - at their weekend "get-away".


Got to enjoy some quiet - and a beautiful day.

Here's my Dad cooking in the kitchen.


While Joshua enjoys a Peep.  Those are my mom's favorites - I used to tell her as a child that she put those in our Easter baskets just so she could eat them!  (Besides, I never liked them anyway!)


My Mom


Jalyn


Then Clay shocks us all by saying, "Well, I guess I will try my first peep."
What??
(But then I am reminded that my kids could say the same, since I don't buy them)


Then after we are all stuffed with lima beans, salad, pork chops, my Dad's apple pie, and peeps (except me!) - we go for a walk.




This strip of land lies behind my parents property.


The photographer never gets in any photos! 
But she probably wouldn't like them if she were!


Sometimes while visiting the "country" I think how I could just stay there forever.  Enjoying the peace and quiet, the trees everywhere you look.  The solitude.  The lazy days.  The farms and their sweeping fields and grazing animals.  All so lovely. 
But for some reason, there is also a lonely feeling to it to.  Maybe because there are no stores, or malls or cars driving by.  I think if given the chance, I would read, cook, and takes lots of walks.  Then after a few days, I might be desperate to find some "civilization"!
But, it is so nice to visit.....