For me, as a woman, there are some things I just can't do. I can't fix a car or lift a heavy piece of furniture. When I don't have the physical strength of someone else (or my husband), it's okay with me. If I need help with something, I happily ask. I don't feel bad that God didn't make me stronger than I am - I accept that.
Then there is college. I feel the pressure of having these classes - and all that comes with them. As I skim over my 1300 page Biology book, and wonder, "How will I ever remember all this stuff?!" I wonder how I can ever do it. It doesn't feel like I am strong enough or smart enough. I am afraid to fail. No one else can do this for me. I can't have assistance remembering and recalling for tests. No one can read it all for me, or do the Algebra problems for me. It's all on me - it feels. And that feels scary.
And then my sister in law reminds me of the verse I know all too well - but was forgetting to apply -
"I can do ALL things through Him who gives me the strength." Phil. 4:13
There is another scripture I am holding onto during these college days -
"The one who calls you is faithful and he will do it." 1 Thessalonians 5:24
The other day at school, I was waiting in line to speak to someone and I glanced into a classroom, and there on the chalkboard was a scripture. I actually couldn't believe it was there - on a college board. I was staring at it, reading it over and over as 2 teachers approached the one teacher in that classroom. They noticed it right away and asked who wrote it. The woman said, "Someone wrote it at the end of last semester - and no one has erased it. I am just curious to see how long it will stay up." It said -
"I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith." 2 Tim. 4:7
Oh how I want that to be said of me. How easy I find myself overwhelmed. I forget to look back and see how faithful God has already been in my life. In my own strength - I am weak. When I feel I can't do it all alone - I must remember I am not alone. I can do none of it without Him anyway.




