Friday, November 27, 2009

Rosy Cheeks - Sick Boy

It started with Jacob, then Jalyn got it.
A miserable holiday cold!
Then Joshua got it.
The yucky, un-ending runny nose.
Then the cough started last night.



And he coughed and he coughed and coughed.
In our bed.



Joshua is the pickiest eater I have ever known.
If he doesn't know it,
he won't eat it.

Unfortunately, that goes for medicine as well.
For the sake of getting a wink of sleep,
I tried to give him Mucinex Cough - last night.
I fought the cries and shrieks,
peeled the gripping hand off his face,
and squirted in a bit.
Then, I gave him some Sprite and a cracker -
to try to prevent the inevitable.
Then I squirted in a bit more.
He gagged.
And choked.
Then it happened.



He threw up all over -
like a volcano.
Around midnight.
All over me,
the sheets,
my big heavy quilt (that now has to go to the cleaners).

It was a mess!

Today I took him to the doctor -
he has an ear infection....
Our sweet pediatrician made sure to call pharmacies
until she found one that had chewable antibiotics.
I will have to remember that!
Or give him his medicine in the bath next time!