Tuesday, November 3, 2009

ONLY Out of the Minds of Babes



After picking Joshua up from preschool - he finds something teeny on the seat beside him.

He tries to show me, but I am driving, and it is on his finger, and it is teeny.

So I do like most moms, and pretend I see it.

Then he begins saying, and me half/trying to listen -
 "Mama, when I get home, can I plant this in the front yard or the back yard?"

I am like, "Whatever baby... Wherever you want honey..."

(Half thinking, "What is he talking about?  What does he have on his finger?")

So then he says,
"Mama, when I plant this in the dirt, it will grow into a movie.
 Maybe it will grow into "Dora Saves the Magic Kingdom"."

Me: 
Aaahhh ha???????  OKAY?? 
Thinking, "Grow into a movie?"

"Yeah baby, okay."

Then, we get home, get out of the car, and he shows me what he has been talking about.



It is a sequin from Jalyn's shirt she wore on Sunday.
Like this one on the living room floor.
And everywhere else they have fallen off her.

I was in amazement!!  It looks just like a mini DVD!!!
TOO FUNNY!!
I couldn't believe that he would have come up with that!
(My simple mind would not have, for sure!)



So he goes into the backyard. 
Pushes it into the dirt - behind the trampoline
(on Blue's dirt path)



He waters it.
Then asks me a few minutes later,
if it is growing into a movie yet.



Jalyn told me that I should get a DVD and actually put it back there for him!

But he may find the others laying around, and try planting them all!

Oh kids - where else would we hear the cutest things of all?