Tomorrow.
Or at least, that is what it feels like.
The kids have been wanting a puppy for quite a while. Even though we already have this big lug!
He's giant, but loveable. He's too big, but so sweet.
But, they (the kids) want a little dog too.
An indoor dog.
Our gentle giant barks when he needs to.
Or at least when he thinks he needs to.
When I think of little dogs, I think of yappy little things.
Not appealing to me.
Nonetheless, I went to the shelter with Clay and Joshua.
We searched and we found.
A little dog.
One that will stay little.
We go pick her up tomorrow.
And so it feels about like I am having a baby.
Or something like that.
Without all the warm fuzzy feelings.
Something life altering, and time consuming.
(Of course when I had a baby, I was thrilled!)
With this arrival, I am trying to be cautiously optimistic.
I know the kids will be thrilled.
And they are old enough to help out.
But housetraining...
And chewed up things.
And kenneling.
Taking a puppy out at night to potty.
And all day.
If I thought I was busy before.
Look out.
Do any of you have little indoor dogs?
What do you do with them when guests come over?
Like for Bible Study today?
Would you put them in their kennel - or let them mingle?
I will be needing much help in these matters.
Or maybe she will be the sweetest thing ever,
and will be housebroken in a day.
She may never bark.
I can dream,
can't I?





