Wednesday, October 28, 2009

A Sweet New Bible


I just love to collect bibles.
Occasionally I will see one and just want it so.
Like when I saw this cute pink and brown one .



A dear friend of mine has had an Oswald Chambers Devotional Bible for a few years now.
 I have loved it and wanted one too.  I looked everywhere and couldn't find one. Well, it was out of print.

A couple of weeks ago, I got a catalog from a Christian book distributor,
 and there it was - a new version of the Oswald Chambers Bible!!!
I was so excited. I found it on Amazon for quite a bit cheaper. (Love those deals)
Now, I will probably not go to all the lengths I did here when I bought my last bible.
This one will be more for daily reading and less for study (but that could change).




It's also an ESV Bible (English Standard Version).
 I have read a lot about them, but have never read one.
 That is another great interest of mine - collecting different versions - though I always use my NIV for bible study.
The ESV is supposed to be a more literal word-for-word translation.
I can't wait to dive in!!




One of the reasons I wanted this bible and will love it, is because it has so many of Oswald Chambers's devotionals in it.
 I have an O.C. devotional book that I love to read, but it is great to have it all in one.

How great are these? They teach me, inspire me, and convict me so much.







There is also a daily reading plan, for those who wish to follow along this way.



Oh, just opening the pages of a bible thrills me. Just running my hands over the pages, opening them up, opening myself up. Letting Him in. Letting His Words change me, soaking them in.

"Teach me, O Lord, to follow your decrees;
then I will keep them to the end.
Give me understanding, and I will keep your law
and obey it with all my heart.
Direct me in the path of your commands,
for there I find delight.
Turn my heart toward your statutes
and not toward selfish gain.
Turn my eyes away from worthless things;
preserve my life according to your word."
Psalm 119:33-37


holy experience