Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Preschool Begins


We weren't sure about sending Joshua to preschool this year. We couldn't really decide what to do. He just turned 4 this summer, and we waited an extra year with Jacob - but Jacob didn't turn 4 until the end of Sept. - so it was an easier decision.

Well, last month, I realized with the other two in school, he was seeming a little bored. Plus, with all of my school work, it would be easier if he was in preschool, and I could have a few hours to study alone each week.

I called the preschool Jacob went to (10 yrs. ago) and the one Jalyn went to - and they were both full. But I put him on their waiting lists, and just prayed that whatever happened, even if he was to spend another year with me, that would be great.

Well, the preschool Jacob had went to (the one I loved the most) called me. There was an opening in the 4 yr. old program, and was I still interested? Oh, and the best news was that Jacob's same teacher would be Joshua's teacher! It couldn't be more perfect. It is near our home, with the school and teacher I love. Just 3 hours, 3 days a week.

Well, today was the first day. He has been looking forward to it (as much as a 4 yr. old can).

Last night I was feeling a bit sad as I laid out his clothes.



I looked at his Transformers.



And his dearly loved Buzz and Woody.



And his little Thomas backpack sitting ready by the front door.



I got him up bright and early (earlier than he's used to getting up).

Fed him a waffle and chocolate milk. He was so ready to get his shoes on and go!







I drove up in the car pool line (thankfully there was no line). Got him out, his teacher met him at the car and introduced herself to him, took him by the hand and led him to a bench with the other kids. I wanted to go with him, walk him to class - but didn't want to be "that kind of mom" fanatic.

So I drove away, trying to breathe deeply and slowly, and try not to cry.

I am so proud, I didn't.

I just pray that he is happy and having fun, and wants to continue going!

Okay, now I really do need to start studying!!!
(But how can I concentrate on psychology while wondering how he is doing?)

Oh the joys of motherhood.