Well, remember that first morning - when I said he couldn't wait. He wanted his shoes on right away - and wanted to leave several minutes before we had to.
Well...
Then I went to pick him up that day (3 hours later). When he saw me drive up at the car pool line, he got up off the bench where all the kids were waiting for their moms. He was supposed to wait for the lady (teacher) to hold his hand and take him to my car. So, a lady had to stop him from coming into the car pool line by himself and told him that he had to wait.
Well, my sensitive little one started crying. He was so upset. His teacher assured me that he had a great day - until that moment.
Well, it was a little upsetting to me, but he calmed down after a few minutes and then told me about his day.
Now today....
I wake him up, and he doesn't want to wake up. Then I told him we had to get ready for school. He told me that he did not want to go to school. Then he began to cry and cry. Tears. Heartbreaking tears (to me). I began questioning everything. My decision to go to school, to send him - everything. Oh the guilt only a mom can feel.
So, I took him anyway. He was fine when he got out of the car - I wasn't sure if he was about to cry, but he didn't - thankfully.
So, while he was at school - I prayed. Hard.
When it was time to get him, I sat anxiously in the carpool line. When he got into the car, he was happy. And so was I.
He told me all about his day - the story his teacher read, how he played on the playground with 2 little girls, how one little girl in a pink shirt wouldn't let him swing, how he made a school bus, how he had fun.
Now, he doesn't go back till Friday. He (and I) get a little break tomorrow. We need it.
Oh I will be praying for Friday morning. I am so weak when one of my kids cry - especially about not wanting to go. I just want them to be happy!



