I had my final today.
I am not happy. We had a list of 5 thesis choices, not one of them I liked. Not even liked, but had not much to say about any of them at all. I wanted to cry when I read the list.
I felt like I could not think of anything to write. Writer's block at the worst possible time.
I finally chose this topic: College students have many stresses in their life, many trying to juggle families and work. Name some ways students can beat their stress.
Not exactly something I felt passionate about - though I know to some degree, I know about this subject. Still, I was not "feeling" it. And I would never say "beat" stress.
The first thing that came to mind, that a college student would say is, "I drink." Definitely NOT what I wanted to say, or convey.
I finally wrote it. As I turned in my paper, my teacher (who I just met today for the first time, as it was an online class) says, "I have no worries about you - you are such a perfectionist." That was sweet, I guess. But fear that today's paper will be a disappointment. It was my worst paper....
**************
I have heard this expression lots of times. For some reason, I never thought I'd say it in relation to me.
And now, it is here - finals.

Tomorrow is my first one - my English final.
Up to now, (and I am not bragging, please) - I have straight A's in both of my classes. (By the grace of God). I am good at writing papers, but for some reason, it makes me nervous when I think of tomorrow - writing a paper "on demand".
I almost feel like I need to think of questions for possible thesis ideas - like Miss America thinks what her "big question" will be. I just hope one of the given ones is something I know enough about to write a 400-500 word essay on.

Monday night is my Algebra final. That one scares me more. It covers everything we have learned the whole summer. I have to go over every chapter to study. I usually know it, but make simple mistakes, like forgetting to carry a negative, and therefore throwing off my whole answer.


I registered for my fall classes. A second Algebra class, English 102, and Humanities: An Introduction.
What is that last class about anyway? I don't know. I waited too long to pick a 3rd class and all the ones I would have wanted were all filled. I won't wait like that again! Anyway, I feel nervous about taking on 3 classes this semester.
I met my new Algebra teacher, and he barely speaks English. He does speak English, but it is very hard to understand him. SIGH.... I hope I do well.
Management. That will be an issue for me, I can tell. I don't want to be so "busy" that I can't do things like have lunch with a friend, or a playdate for Joshua.
Wish me luck!



