Perhaps I have had too many years of just being a Mom, doing mostly what I wanted, when I wanted. Of course that includes keeping my house clean and homey, cooking almost daily and raising 3 children. But for the most part, I have been able to have a pretty flexible schedule.
I could have lunch dates/play dates with friends nearly any day of the week. Leisurely going from shopping, to the park, to lunch, to a friend's house, the library, the mall, whatever.
Now, I feel the crunch on my time.
Oh, I know, everyone feels this at some point or most of their life. And I am more than thankful and blessed for the years of not feeling the crunch so much. Now, with school, homework, and thinking of joining the work force, it feels like this crunch will never end. There is no end in sight - school for a few years, then work until I retire. (Okay, I really didn't mean to sound that bad.)
Again, I know, this is how most people live, daily. But for me, I am just getting used to the idea, and the reality of it. Trying to juggle being a mom, housework, being a wife, having a 4 yr. old that wants me to play with him all the time, doing school work, writing papers, studying, spending time with God and bible study, and having "free" time - to just read or whatever is not easy. Not that I thought it would be.
I am really not complaining. I'm just going through the adjustment of demands on my time that weren't there before. It helps me to know that I feel God has orchestrated the whole thing - that I am right where He wants me to be. That this was His idea, and He's got a plan for me in this. That brings me great comfort and peace.
About school, so far I got an " A+ - great job Kristy - The highest grade in the class" on the top of my first math test. Also, an "A - Great Essay!" on my first English essay. So far so good, time consuming, but good.
It helps me to just think of things in terms of days, or just this week. What is it I have to do? Who or what has God placed in my path for today?
In all that I do, or say, I just pray I do all for the glory of God. That He will lead and guide me, and give me the strength to do all He has for me. (Without feeling so overwhelmed!!!)



