Friday, June 12, 2009

Friday Happenings

Alright, I'm over the frustration - for now. Class went great last night. I did 2 pages of the Algebra homework this morning and made 100%'s on both - on the first tries! Imagine that. Just have to study for our first test on Tues. night.

I submitted my first paper in English and just waiting for a grade and revisions made by the teacher.

So, all is going well on the school front.

Now, today's focus is getting my house ready for Joshie's birthday party - tomorrow. My baby turns 4. I can't believe it.

I was laying in bed last night thinking of his birth. With Jacob, my first, his birth was scary, painful (they are all painful), with lot of serious events that led to an emergency c-section.

With Jalyn, it was so calm - a scheduled c-section. The doctor made the birth funny and it felt so different, having a girl. Like, "What do I do with a girl?"

Then came Joshua. The birth was not as "serious" as Jacob's was, or as funny and light hearted as Jalyn's was, but it was different. I knew he would be my last, so I wanted to take in every detail. I remember he was having difficulty breathing. I remember "getting sick" while the doctors were stitching me up - yuck and ouch(didn't know that could happen). When I saw him, I thought his little face was so perfect. I remember saying, "His little mouth is so beautiful." The first night he was born, he fussed so much, I remember being afraid - of what I was in for! But, after that, he was the calmest of our 3. He was immediately loved and welcomed into our home. It was like we were all just waiting for him to join us - to be complete.

Being our last, he has definitely been more "babied" than the first 2. Hey, I tried to baby Jacob, but he just wouldn't have it. Jacob was an old, thoughtful soul from early on. Jalyn couldn't be babied, or she would act (I'm sorry) b-r-at-t-y! Joshua has sort of been babied by us all! He's smart and sweet. He has been a pleasure to have, everyday.

And now "our baby" will be 4 this weekend. He can't wait for his party. He keeps asking "Where is my party?" When we go somewhere, he says, "We are going to my party?" I have stopped talking about it until tomorrow when everyone just shows up!

Everyone have a great weekend!