I was happy to turn my little blocks this morning.
Starting the first day of May. Always a happy month - isn't it?
May brings to my mind sunny days, lots of flowers, and a sense of freedom on it's way.
It means school is almost out. It means summer is near, fun, relaxing days. No scheduled days. Sleeping in late.
I don't know exactly why, other than to say I love May, but every May 1st, I have written in whatever journal I am working on (always in a journal). I always title the page - "May 1st. The Merry Month of May". Then I write about what is going on in all of our lives. I may miss other days of the year in my journal, but not May 1st.
Perhaps it also has to do with the fact that my birthday is in just a few days. That has been a source of happiness in all my younger years, and of course I do not wish to die, but oh, I don't like seeing the numbers get higher and higher - which of course means I am getting older and older. That's a whole other post!
For now I will be happy that May is here.
Oh wait, summer, no schedules, school's out.... What am I talking about? For the kids maybe. I start school June 4th. Heart beating faster. I don't really know what to expect, and I think that is what I am most nervous about. I almost wish it would hurry up already - then I could get on with it. I just want to do it well, and be able to juggle all that is on my plate - without feeling like I'm juggling at all. Perhaps that is the way it will be - and for now I just worry about it.
My memory verse to help me remember that God will get me through this:
"...being confident of this, that He who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion."
Phil 1:6
Happy May!!!



