Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Books and Moons



My latest Francine Rivers book (addiction!). It is getting so good right now - I read all morning.

I never did get the third book of the Mark of The Lion Series (I read books one and two), but can't find # three at the library (and I would rather not buy only book 3 of a series). So.... I saw this one at the bookstore in the mall -(I couldn't believe it either). I haven't ever seen this one at the library, so I of course had to buy it.

Hopefully all this reading I am doing will help me out with all the papers I will be writing for English 101! Let's hope.

-------------------------------------------------------------------




Conversations with a 3 year old:

Last night right before dark, I went outside to wait for Jacob who was supposed to be home 1/2 hour earlier.

Joshua - pointing to the sky: "Wook, wook Mama - it's a cres-cent moon!"

Me - thinking ????? How does he know that?: "Yes Joshua, it is a crescent moon!"

Joshua: "The round piece fell off to the ground!"

Me: "No baby, it didn't fall off, the round part is just dark so we can't see it."

Joshua: "No Mama - it broke off!"

Me: "Joshie, only a little part is lit up - the other part is dark - it's really all there."

Joshua: "No Mama - the round part crashed (making little boy motions with his arms now) to the ground."

Oh a child's imagination! (Now that could help me write a few papers)