I finished that second book in 3 days - and now, just like after I finished reading Redeeming Love, I can't stop thinking about it. I can honestly say that these two books have been a bit life changing.
The woman in the book is a Christian in a world where there aren't many. It takes place in Rome, in the first century. Everyone around her worships idols, gods, and themselves. She is a light in a dark world - and everyone around her notices. She brings sweetness, kindness, comfort, purity and hope to all who come in contact with her. Everyone just feels better to have known her. That is how I feel, just having read about her. That is how I want to be. Now that the books are over, I miss her, just like those in the book did when she wasn't around.
I know. I get way too into books.
The third book in the series picks up with a character that was developed in the first book, and this one will be of his story. The woman, Hadassah, from the first two books is no longer in this one. I don't have it yet, but am not as anxious to get it because it will be different.
On to something else in my life - I took the placement test for college yesterday. I knew I would need remedial math (always my worst subject), but what I didn't know is that you could have more than one remedial math. I have to take 2 REMEDIAL maths before I move onto the Algebra one I need. Wouldn't it be great to just study what I want? No math needed. If only.
I got a 99 on the reading portion of the test. No surprise there - so, right into English 101 I will go.
I go for orientation next week, to pick my classes. I will have to get one of those maths over this summer - not how I envision my summer to go. And I will choose one other. That one I'm not sure about. I am a little afraid of jumping in over my head, so... I hope I don't. It will surely mean lots of changes in my life - again, don't like change! It will be fine, I know, it will all work out somehow.
Okay, let me get this family of mine in gear. Off to spend a day in the city - taking in some cultural highlights!



