I am in tears. It is by far the best, most tender and consuming book I have ever read.
In between every other thing that I have needed to do over the past few days, I have read this book. It has been on the counter as I brushed my teeth and hair. I have read it while putting on makeup, waiting for Jalyn to get on the bus, eating.
Yesterday I read it from the time I woke up, until I went to bed. I was so consumed by it that I did such a stupid thing. I had a doctor appt. at 3:00 yesterday evening. A lady from the office called me at 3:58, wondering where I was. I felt so horrible. What could I say? "I'm so sorry lady - I am in the middle of a book I can't put down?" I truly felt so awful! I just kept apologizing, and now I am praying that they don't send me a bill for missing it.
How odd that I should feel this, after these last few days, but I feel like I could just pick it up and read it all over again. All 620 pgs. (If it helps to say this, I have a larger print version, because it is the only one the library had in)
Though, I think I need a break from reading. It has me so emotional, and strange feeling. Like a lovely chapter (era/time/story) is over. Happy and sad. I also don't see how another book could possibly compare to this. I don't know if anyone else gets so "emotionally invested" in the books they read, but I know I will be thinking about this book for many days to come. It is one that I know I will read many times in my life.
I also feel like I could buy this book by the dozen to give away as gifts. (I would have to look into the price before doing that though!)
So, now that I am emotionally drained by it - GO GET IT AND READ IT - and tell me if you don't come away with the same feelings!



