Monday, March 2, 2009

I shall not be anxious/worried/afraid

This is the scripture I have chosen to memorize for March 1st:

"Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and mind in Christ Jesus."
Philippians 4:6-7

I already know the second part of that verse, but never memorized word for word the first part.

This month, I know I will need this verse.

On the 18th, Clay will be having back surgery. He has ruptured discs in his back, and has for some time now. He will be hospitalized for a few days. I have many fears concerning this. From will be be a success, to how much pain he will be in, to how long will it take for him to recover, to what will I do with the kids, how will I be able to spend as much time with him in the hospital as I can, to thinking of doing everything on my own for a while.

A husband is seen as this strong figure who can do it all. I don't know if I am prepared to see him after such a surgery. When we were first married, he broke his leg badly and had to have surgery for them to put a metal plate with several screws/pins in. I thought that was bad. And it was, but this I have a feeling will be a whole different ball game.

On the smaller scale, there are Jacob's grades to worry about. Ahh.. Seventh grade. That's all I shall say about that.

On a happier note, Jalyn turns 10 this month. The big 2 digits. It isn't until the end of the month, but we will be having an early party for her, considering the latter half of the month. I need to get on the ball with the whole party thing (planning, inviting, preparing, etc.). She wants to have a slumber party also. I just don't know if I can do this this month. I've done it before, and I don't know if I'd like to do it any month. I'm much better with a house full of boys. They tend to congregate in one room, and only come out for bathroom or food. More often for food. Girls are all over the place. And they are very loud. They seem to multiply and take over the whole house. Oh well, I shall have to endure it!

Okay Lord, I need that peace - from You alone, that transcends my understanding!!!