Since I am not a doctor, and don't really know the full implications of this, I don't know how much to fear or not to fear. But let me tell you, I felt sick when we got off the phone. The vitamin D levels we were searching for were fine, I think. But he has elevated levels of uric acid in his urine. The doctor asked me if he ate lots of red meat. No. He doesn't eat any red meat. Only chicken. The doctor said he thought he remembered me saying that. Apparently if you eat lots of red meat, you could have elevated levels.
So, since he eats none, what does that mean?
Also, uric acid in the urine causes kidney stones. He already has too much calcium in his urine, #1 cause of kidney stones. Now elevated levels of uric acid is the #3 cause of kidney stones. Wow. Sick feeling in my stomach.
So, now back to Children's Hospital Thursday for more blood work, to see if he has elevated levels in his blood as well. Then straight to ultrasound to check kidney's for stones.
Doctor said we (he) will have to try to figure out where this uric acid is coming from.
Pray there are no stones, please. And pray this is the last blood test. Can't they just check everything on the lab sheet, when they already HAVE it in their hands - or tubes??
I will keep repeating my memory verse,
"He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High,
Will rest in the shadow of the Almighty.
I will say of the Lord,
You are my refuge and fortress,
My God,
In whom I trust."
Psalm 91:1-2



