Hubby back to normal work schedule, and kids back to school.
Not going too good this morning - fought with Jacob over tucking his uniform shirt in, and it was pouring when Jalyn had to go catch the bus. Me, standing outside in flannel PJ pants and unmatching shoes (not many match with white PJ pants with pink, green and blue snowflakes on them), and yes, I did have a shirt on too - as if I needed to say that! - with the umbrella for Jalyn - making her at least put her hood on, which she didn't want to do.
Kids. Long sigh........
My Christmas stuff is still all out. I now know why I want to pick it up every year about this time. Because it just makes me sad looking at it. It's over, and looking at it all is making that feeling linger. You know? Does everyone else have all their Christmas stuff packed up? The only reason I think ours is still out, is because I tried explaining to Joshua that Christmas is over, and the tree will have to go back in the box.
He thought about it, and said, "No, Christmas is NOT over. Tree stay here." So, I thought I'd just pick up all the decorations around the house, and leave the tree until I can't take it any longer!
Really though, other than this morning's difficulties - ("You have to tuck in your shirt whether you like it or not!" and "Jalyn, put your hood on so you don't get your hair all wet - look, everyone else at the bus stop has their hood on!"), I have been feeling better about the whole "after-Christmas" thing.
I am now in Proverbs - on my note transferring job.... um... labor of love. Really, I am enjoying it, but when I look at how much farther I have to go, I do get a little overwhelmed. I promise, I will have this bible for my entire foreseeable future! I must say, what made me feel better the other day (Sat. morning I think), was going through the Psalms. Reading every note and scripture as I underlined them was so uplifting! How could you not feel great after spending your morning reading all those scriptures from the Psalms?
Okay, let me get back to "work" before Joshua wakes up. Maybe I'll make it to the New Testament today!



