COME ON SNOW!!!
It is 38 degrees here, in our town. It has been raining here for about 45 min. now. I just keep checking out the window to see if those drops are turning to soft beautiful flakes! In my lifetime of living here in Louisiana, it has snowed twice. Once when I was 16 yrs. old. Once ON CHRISTMAS DAY 2004 - I was pregnant with Joshua. That was truly a Christmas miracle.
Well, from the last paragraph, to this one, it began to snow! There's been about a half hour or more in that gap. They aren't soft fluffy flakes, they are big wet ones, but we will take what we get!
I grabbed Joshua out of bed, threw on his jacket, socks and a pair of pants over his pj pants. I was excitedly saying, "Joshie, come see the snow!!!"
I took him outside for a few minutes. He walked out down the sidewalk and to the driveway. The snow was coming in at a hard angle, right on the side of his face. He walked right back to the door, and began shivering. Then he said, "Mama, hold you." I knew then he was about done. The shivering was a big clue.
I am happy it is snowing, and still is, but so sad that the other two are in school, and we aren't experiencing it together. I just pray that they get to go outside with their friends at least, and get to see it and touch it.
I'll post pictures later.
Until then, I thought I'd post these pictures of what Joshua has done with the people of my little "town". So cute.
This is what it looked like before. You may not be able to tell, but they are all strategically placed.
I came into the living room a few days ago to find that he had turned ALL of the people, so that they are facing the "houses". Normally I would correct this, but it looked so cute.
Even Santa and the manger scene are facing the church! Too cute.



