Here is all that accumulated in my neighborhood. I know... don't say it. The ground was so wet, that as it fell, it mostly just melted. My brother who lives about an hour and 1/2 away got 10 INCHES, at least! Amazing. Had I known what would happen, I would have gone to his house with the kids to spend the night. He's got some amazingly beautiful "winter-wonderland" looking pics.
Joshua was sleeping when it began, so I grabbed him out of bed, and quickly got him dressed. He was just realizing that I was actually making sense when I snatched him from a warm bed, in dreamland, saying, "Joshie, come see!! It's snowing!!!"
Okay, he was happy, but tired.
Still half asleep, pointing out the snowflakes.
This was about as thick as it fell.
At least it began to accumulate on my car!
I finally decided that I just HAD to check the kids out of school. I couldn't bear to witness this and not be with them. I got Joshua all bundled up in the car to go check Sissy out first.


When I got Jalyn out, it was still snowing. She was so happy I came and said that most of the other kids had been checked out already.
She got to walk in it to the car..... By the time we got to Jake's school, it had turned into sleet. By the time Jacob got checked out, it had stopped.
I wanted to cry. I felt so sad that it snowed here, and I was not with them, and they were in school. Jacob said they let them go out in it for a few minutes. Jalyn said her teacher brought them out for a MINUTE. She keeps asking me, "Mom, if it EVER snows here again, will you let me stay home?" I tell her, "IF it ever does AGAIN, I promise I will."
It was exhilarating while it lasted, about 4 whole hours!



