Saturday, November 29, 2008

Back on the Reading Streak

I go for a while - with no good book to read. Or no desire to read one.

Then, all of a sudden, a good comes my way - and I can't put it down! I'm always so torn - I want to read it every moment I can - just to see what happens, but know I will be sad when it ends. A really good book stays with me for days after I finish - it's in my thoughts. So, I have to search for another one quickly - or have one lined up already.

Clay took this picture of me - and said "It's classic you."




Yes, I was reading "The Shack". It was a pretty good book, though it had some things I didn't agree with. The story line was good though. It took me longer than I thought it would to finish. This was taken on Halloween night, so that was the last one I read.

The other day, I was looking on my overflowing and inadequate bookshelf for a good book to read. The mood for a good book had struck!

I DO NOT read romance books - not saying I WILL NOT, but I do not buy them.

I got this book in the mail - for free - several months ago, and forgot about it. It is a christian romance novel. Well, I thought I'd just see how this book was - I'd never heard of it.



Well, I was so hooked! From the first couple of pages. I read it constantly - while I bathed Joshua, while I sat with him as he played, on the couch as he watched TV, on the way to my parents on Thanksgiving Day. After about 2 days, on Thanksgiving night, I finished it. It was one of those books that reminded me of "Sleepless in Seattle". You get to the last page of the book, and they finally profess their love for each other - AND THEN THE BOOK ENDS! It left me like, "Wait a minute, I HAVE to know what happens!" But really, it was a very sweet book. It was also about family and christian values. I looked online after I was left hanging - and found out that it is part of a series of books. Well, you know, I just have to have them now. I don't NEED the ones before the book I read (there were about 5 of them before this one), but there are 3 of them afterward. I have to read them - that way I can find out a little bit of what happened to the couple in this one. Crazy I know - but I went on EBay and found 2 of the 3 I want - for a $1.00 a book - so I ordered them. I know, I know, I shouldn't do this to myself - they will be very sweet like the other one, then end just when I want them to keep going.

Okay, those are the ONLY romance books I will buy.

The day before Thanksgiving, I took the kids to the library - knowing I would soon be finished this lovely Jillian Hart book - and would need a quick back up book. I ended up with 3.

I started reading this one within minutes of finishing the other one. It is SO GOOD!!! So sad, but so good. It is about a loving Christian couple - empty nesters - in a very happy time of their life. When all of a sudden, a painful life-shattering event happens to their only son - and to them. About how life can do that - things so painful can happen that are out of our control to fix - and how do we deal with that? I'm less than half way through it, but it is sooo good.





I also got this one, not because I am in a pit, but because I love Beth Moore. But, if I find that I was in a pit after reading this, and didn't know it, I will let all of you know. I will probably read this one after the "Isaac" book.




And I just had to get a good parenting book - because, you know - we all should. I need all the good, godly parenting advice I can get.



Happy Reading!