Thursday, October 23, 2008

A new life

It is 6:47 am. I have been awake ALL night. I mean ALL night!!

Remember my friend Rachel? Who asked me to take pictures of her baby when she went in labor?

Well...

She called just after I got the kids in bed. And seeing as how this is her 8th (she has one set of twins) - we thought it would go fast.

I got there after 11 pm. It didn't go as fast as I thought. By 4 am, I was like, "Rachel, you have to have this baby soon, because my hubby has to leave for work in a while, and I will have to get home!"

I think at 4:30 they checked her and she was ready - baby too!

Very soon after - her new little boy was born. How amazing - the first time I've ever been in the delivery room with someone. I've been there for the birth of her twins and one other son - but not in the delivery room.

It was great. And he's soooo cute!

One problem - he doesn't have a name yet! I tease her and tell her she's already used up all the boy names. She's got one girl and 7 boys! We spent the whole night talking and discussing names. If her hubby likes a name - it reminds her of some kid on their kids ball team or some distant cousin of hers. If she likes a name, he thinks it's not manly enough - they are funny!

I haven't stayed up all night since... Since I gave birth! It surely makes you think about when your own children were born - and how precious it is to bring a new life into the world. To meet your baby for the first time, after carrying it for so many months. How wonderful.

Now let me see how I function today. I got home 30 min. before I had to get Jacob up for school and now I have to get Jalyn up. Bible study is this morning, but I don't know if I can do it. I hate to miss it, but crawling into my bed seems so tempting.

Can't wait to get back up to the hospital later to hold the new little..... I'll just call him peanut for now.