I wanted to make something to bring to our bible study this morning - and wake myself up! - so I decided to make some Pumpkin Spice Muffins that I got from Jody's blog. I have to say, they are perfect for this very cold morning. I had a batch in the oven, and one already done. I had to go outside with Jalyn to watch her at the bus stop. I didn't feel like putting shoes on - and oh, man were my feet freezing on that cold cement! Anyway, when I came back inside, my house smelled so yummy. The smell of fall!

For the recipe, I just made a spice cake and mixed in a can of pumpkin. They didn't rise (not sure if they were supposed to), but they taste soooo good. Just tasting them made me happy thinking about November being in just a couple of days - thinking of Thanksgiving and the very happy time of year it brings to our household.

Since I will be gone most of the day - bible study, then most of us ladies usually go to Sicilly's Pizza afterward (again, very yummy), I decided to cook a pot of chili this morning. Chili felt like another cozy, comfort food for this cold/cool weather. Also, it would be able to cook for a good while, and be ready to eat this evening.

I cut up and browned a round steak first, added crumbled ground meat, then browned all of that. Then added 3 cans of tomato paste and let that cook until browned (my grandma's secret to good sauce), then added onions, bell pepper and garlic. Salt and pepper. Then water, chili powder, and one can of rinsed kidney beans.
Okay, now that I have cooked a day's worth of food - and it's only 8:14 am - I am running late and still need to do make up and hair (a must, you know).
Have a happy Thursday everyone!



