Okay, I am feeling a little better today. Not so down about school. The first "real" day seemed to go by okay for both of them. Jacob did say that he had no idea what his math teacher was even talking about. That doesn't sound good. Like, was she speaking English, or just Math? I don't know. You don't get much more information out of a 12 yr. old boy than that. Shockingly, he didn't have any homework - unless he "forgot". Jalyn did though, and she almost happily did it. Oh, if I only had her, I'd have no sympathy/knowledge of/for parents of the more "difficult" variety of kids. But alas, I do know what it is like to have a child who dreads homework like the plague.
Yesterday I did have to go to the grocery store - though it looked very stormy out. As me and Joshua were coming out, it was pouring. I ran to the car - which I couldn't remember where I had parked. By the time I got Joshua in the car, he says, "Oh, Joshie is all wet!". As I was the one who had to put all the groceries in the trunk, I knew all about that.
Today is supposed to be another stormy day. So, I think I shall stay home.
It always takes me a while to get into the routine without the older two at home. Yesterday morning when Joshua came walking out of the bedroom after he woke up, he came to me and I picked him up and cuddled with him on the couch. I said, "Dada is at work, Bubba and Sissy are at school, it's just Mama and Joshie at home." It can be nice, but a little too quiet.
The first week of Sept., our new bible study will be starting - on Thurs. mornings. I think I will finally be "in the groove" of things by then. I'll be happy to be back in a structured study. Hopefully Joshua will like being in the nursery. He does pretty good now. And it will be so nice to be with a group of grown ups! Especially a great group of women.



