Tuesday, August 26, 2008

The Book of Daniel



I will be starting this bible study next week, and can hardly wait. I got my book on Sunday - and have to refrain from even trying to start before our class does.

I have never studied the book of Daniel before, so I'm excited about that. There are parts of that book that seem to me now to be so confusing - the prophecy part - but, like I said, I've never studied it, so I'll be happy to clear up what is confusing.

I am such a student at heart. I love to be learning and growing - especially in the Word of God. Also, I need the discipline of being in a study, and having daily work to do - though things do pop up in life that make it hard to get the work done at times. The perfectionist that I am though - I won't ever go to class without my work done - if it means I have to stay up half the night to finish.

During the summer, while not in an in depth bible study, I have been reading lots of books. Right now, I am trying to finish a book by C.S. Lewis, and autobiographal book called, "Surprised by Joy". Let me tell you, this man is so brilliant - most of what he writes is over my head. I think I'm a student at heart - as he describes his childhood, what he talks most about is all the books he read. He breaks up parts of his life, and divides time and era's by what he was reading at the time. Amazing. If you asked me to tell you all the books I have read THIS year, I probably couldn't remember the exact titles.

I almost feel too dumb to finish it, but I'm almost at the end, so I'll trudge on.