Well, all is well, until all of a sudden, Joshua flips his chair backwards. You know that moment, when you are looking at your child, right in the face, right before the scream comes. You aren't quite sure what happened and what is hurt, and there is that moment where time stands still. I noticed that he was leaning forward, and did not bang the back of his head. So, I thought that look of horror was just fear.
I was wrong. The scream came, and his hands went right to his mouth.
Then the worst came. The blood. All over his hands that were in his mouth, all over his teeth, chin and shirt. I was trying not to freak out. Clay is so much better at soothing our children in serious (or even minor) injuries than me. I was trying to breath deeply and slowly while feeling that hot panicky feeling. Thankfully a friend of mine ran over and we then ran into the bathroom (realizing that the sight of all the blood might not be appetizing to the people sitting nearby enjoying their meal). We could not find out where the bleeding was coming from - it was all over his mouth. The poor baby, he was crying so much. And you know how it is to try to put ice on their mouth, they DO NOT want it. We tried to get him to sip ice water, apply a cold towel, etc. Everything we tried was upsetting him of course, but he did stop bleeding.
This is the crazy part - it is now 8 hrs later, and we have yet to find out where he was bleeding from. His lip was a little swollen, but is fine now. He has a little cut on the bottom of his chin, but that didn't cause it, and his tongue appears to be fine. I hope I saw wrong, but wasn't sure if his bottom teeth appeared loose looking. The only other thing I can think of is that he bit the side of his cheek off! I will try to examine his mouth with a flashlight when he falls asleep later.
A couple of hours ago, I said, "Joshie, where is your bo-bo?" He just says, "Oh, iss right here!" Then he points at his mouth. Well, that was helpful.
And wouldn't you know it (of course this is minor), but I just bought him a new shirt. This kid has so many hand me down clothes from so many people (of which I am so thankful for), but I decided he needed a new, fresh looking one. He wore it once before, now this is what it looks like:
I think he may have to go back to using a high chair after this incident.



