
18 years ago today, me and Clay officially began "dating". Who would have ever thought that the two of us could ever fall in love? We were from two totally different worlds. I was 18, and had just graduated highschool the month before. He was 21 and about to leave for bootcamp. He thought I was "preppy", I thought he was a "metal head". I still lived at home with my Mom and Dad- he had been on his own for a few years. I was the oldest of 4 - with all my siblings still at home. He was the youngest of 5 - with all his siblings grown up. My parents were in their 30's (I can't believe that!), his parents were in their 60's.
He had never dated anyone like me - and I had never dated anyone like him.
And we fell madly in love!
Now here we are, 18 years later, more blessed than we could ever have imagined back then.
Even though, from all outward aspects, we would never end up together, I always think about how God knew, from the time we were born, that we would be for each other.



