
Okay you guys - this is me. Now in all actuality, I've probably had many cookie crumbs on me, but I would never drop that many cookies!
Really now - sweets is my..... My thing! It's my weakness - the thing in life that is hardest to say no to. I've never done drugs - but my addiction to sweets must come close to what it is like to be a drug addict.
I really don't know if it's genetic or not - by my old "Granny" - whose been gone for many years now - ALWAYS had to have something sweet after she ate her meal. It was planned what it would be before she sat down to eat. It would be waiting on a napkin next to her meal and her cup of tea.
Granted - it was usually a couple of fig newton cookies or something not so bad like that.
Just like her, I have got to have something sweet when I am done with a meal. I'm thinking of what it will be before I am even done with my meal. Many times, I will stop eating my actual meal - just to get to what comes after! (I know, I may be hopeless) All my friends and my Mom know this about me, and when I eat at their houses' - they are prepared with something for me.
So now - here's the hard part.
I am trying to give up sweets!
It was hard just to type those words!
Here's what started my main trouble. I discovered some new cookies that actually aren't new at all - but I had never had them before. They became a true delight/addiction. I was eating them all day, oh, they were wonderful with a cup of coffee.
Pecan Sandies. Just about the best cookie I've eaten in a while. My husband said they were kind of bland and tasteless. To me, they were heavenly.
And those heavenly little cookies pack a walloping 170 cal. per 2 COOKIES!!!! Of course I didn't know this for the first couple or three packages I consumed! It wasn't until the second to last package that I realized with shock how horribly fattening they were. Well, I had already bought the "buy one get one free" deal - so I had to eat the last package (you know, one last time!)
So...... Now I am trying to do what will surely kill me.... No more sweets - not the real stuff anyway!!! When I want something sweet - I will have a sensible bowl of cheerios, or cornflakes - sprinkled with a packet of the fake stuff.
Even as I write that, I feel depressed!
Couldn't I go back to the good old days - when my metabolism was as fast as my ability to shovel food in....
Only with the power of God will I be able to do this!



