This morning in church, the praise band was singing a song, and it was so beautiful. I was feeling emotional already, because as I mentioned on an earlier post, our praise leader is leaving and today is his last day.
As they were in mid song - I started thinking of the words, and how perfect this moment in time was. They were on stage, singing this beautiful song (Bronie, I don't know how you can hit those high notes!), and I was letting the words sink in as I sang along, and all of a sudden I started to cry. I couldn't even sing.
I don't know how to describe what I was feeling. It was like, everything was perfect: We were standing singing praises to God; I was standing next to my husband, Jacob was on my side, Joshua was happy in the nursery, Jalyn was in children's church, I was with my church "family", it was just overwhelming. The thought occurred to me that this moment in time will pass, and things will change (again, not big on change) and that one day, we will all rise up. And as wonderful as that knowledge is, I was savoring the moment, when it just seemed everything was just as it should be.
Here are the lyrics to the song we sang:
There's a stirring deep within me;
Could it be my time has come?
When I'll see my gracious Savior
Face to face when all is done.
Is that his voice I am hearing?
Come away my precious one.
Is he calling me?
Is he calling me?
I will rise up, rise up
And bow down, and lay my crown
At his wounded feet!
There's a stirring deep within me;
Could it be my time has come?
When I'll see my gracious Savior
Face to face when all is done.
Is that his voice I am hearing?
Come away my precious one.
Is he calling me?
Is he calling me?
I will rise up, rise up
And bow down, and lay my crown
At his wounded feet!
Is that his voice I am hearing?
"Come away my precious one.
I will rise up, rise up
And bow down, and lay my crown
At his wounded feet!
I will rise up, rise up
And bow down, and lay my crown
At his wounded feet!
I will rise up, rise up
And bow down, and lay my crown
At his wounded feet!



