Sunday, April 13, 2008

I do not like change!

Do you ever feel sometimes like too many things are changing, and you need to slow down and take it all in? I admit I am not one of those people who just love an adventure, or new and exciting changes. I prefer the safe, comfortable things I already know and like. I know, it may be boring, but that's me.
My 12 yr. old is taller than me, and just yesterday was talking about "pretty girls" in the 6th grade, with a grin on his face.
Jalyn just turned 9, and her newest expression is, "I don't feel like....." Whatever it is, and I envision the years ahead. She's all done with her Polly Pockets, but will still play with her Barbie's. Though the latest thing is that she is cutting/hacking, and styling their hair.
Joshua is still my little one, but is getting so big. I hear him practicing expressions he is learning, like "watch out guys", "watch this!", "thank you very much", and "see you later". Or the best (NOT), "Mama/Sissy/Bubba/Dadda - Don't!!!!"
Our church will be moving into our building (our first permanent one since the storm) sometime in the next couple of months.
Our music minister - Andrew Ogea - the lead singer of the praise band at church, announced today that he is being called to co-pastor a new church that will be starting up in New Orleans. Billy Grahamn's pastor (in North Carolina) has 2 sons that have been involved in the Baptist Seminary in New Orleans, and they will be working with Andrew to start this much needed church in New Orleans. It sounds awesome, but we will all miss him soooo much. He and the pastor (Bro. Larry) are what drew us to that church. Andrew's music has been such an inspiration to me and Clay and countless others at our church. I am happy for him and his wife, but oh I go back to the change issue. God can do anything, I know, but right now it feels like no one could come close to what he does every Sunday on that stage. Also, he works with the youth, and has been such an encourager to Jacob over the years.
Anything else?
Yes, Clay gets a new boss tomorrow. The 4th one since he started this job. Just when he gets used to one boss and their ways and rules and personality, he leaves/moves/or gets replaced, and another one comes. I feel his stress!
Okay, that's about all the BIG changes I want for a while.