Saturday, March 15, 2008

A Special Day for me to Remember



Today is March 15th. Jalyn's birthday party was today, lots of family came, and everyone had a nice time. Right now she is in the middle of a very noisy sleepover.
(I will remember this next year and say NNOOOOO!!!!!)

But all day, my thoughts are going back to March 15th, 1994. It was the day we lost our first baby by ectopic pregnancy. It was such a sad day, as we had tried to conceive for over a year. One of my most memorable moments from that day was when I was in the hospital, and was told I was about to go into surgery. I remember looking up at the clock on the wall, and wishing it was 8 o'clock. I just kept saying that over and over, "Just get me to 8 o'clock", because I knew that by then, it would all be over. Of course, it was only the beginning of a long sad time for me.
And now, I look at the time and see that it's past 8 o'clock! And I made it. It's been 14 years now, and God has blessed us with 3 children. He has brought me past that sad time, and has healed those wounds.
I just wanted to note this day - in remembrance of our first little one.