Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Friends

God brings different people into your life at different times. He has brought wonderful friends for me at just the right times. Lately I have been thinking about some of them and feeling sad that things change. They just do, that is life. Circumstances change, people move, time goes by. When I think back to certain seasons of my life, and the friends I have had, I feel a little sad that it can't go back the way it was. You can't really recapture that time again. Our kids are grown, we live in another state, this one works, we go to different churches now, we are busy with our own families.... The list goes on. I see how God worked in my life through each friend/mentor and I am so thankful for that time. Often I wish I could place myself back in that time, and enjoy the blessings of that friendship. But like I said, things change, and those friends are still so dear to me, but we now experience different aspects of friendship. All the same, letting go can be painful.
Thank you God for bringing just the right people into my life at just the time I needed them most.