Friday, April 8, 2011

Recent Reads

Oh Glorious Books....

I can't say enough.  If I could read for a living - I would do it. 
  It's what I would rather do above most other things in life.
I so love it.

This week I have finished 3 books! 

In the past month, I have read these:
And I highly recommend them all!



I love Ann Voskamp - everything she writes!
Simply beautiful...





This is written by such a sweet and wise woman - it was really good.




This - I would only recommend if you are going into nursing! lol





This book is over 500 pages - I read nearly nonstop this week - finished in just over 2 days.
It was SO good.  I read the first book in this series last summer - Her Mother's Hope.
All about generations of women - in a single family.
I didn't know what to do with myself when I finished this one...
Funny how a book does that - feels like you have known these characters your whole life,
but actually - it's their whole life - as you read from beginning to end.

So, I jumped quickly into this one:



A book I have wanted to read for years now, but never got to it.
I loved it!
A true story of a country preacher - who is called by God to go to New York City
to show God's love to the hurting teenagers there, most of which were gang members.
The book is filled with miracles that strengthened my faith.
(In theology, I didn't quite see eye to eye on the very last chapter- but an amazing story!)

Finished that one in 2 days, and have moved onto this one yesterday:



Just because I loved that author, Sally Clarkson, I decided to read this one -
one of her books I have read the most about.

Next week, a book I have been waiting for comes out.
I am sure I will read this with a pen in hand!
Must underline the good ones :)
LOVE David Platt:



His first book - Radical, changed me.  It opened my eyes to so many things,
and confirmed many things I already felt to be true.
I can't wait to dive in!