Friday, January 7, 2011

The Books

Oh the glorious books.... 
While not in school, I am cramming in every word, every page, every book I can.


I have also enjoyed several books on my Sony Reader -

There's something about books written in the 1800's -
love Hannah Whitall Smith.
(Though I did find out some interesting theological differences between us)



This is the new bible study I will be starting with our church, the first week in Feb.,
but went to Lifeway with a couple dear friends for a fun shopping trip -
and thought I would get my book early!


This one was given to me for Christmas
 (yes, one of my dear shopping trip friends!)
I got to page 2 before I had to reach for a pen! 
Must underline!!


I found this at Lifeway - had never read anything by Andrew Murray -
but oh how good it was!  And I will be seeking out anything by him now.
My favorite chapter was on the "Morning Watch" -
the importance of spending an hour with God in the morning.
Not only did I underline nearly every word - I had to take notes and journal about what I read.
A must read for foundational Christian truths and encouragement to grow in our faith.


Love reading Tozer.... 


I begin my spring semester of college in 2 weeks -
 I am savoring every minute of not reading about the human body and its many workings.

Love focusing on the Holy Spirit, and His workings in the human body :-)