We went to the "country" this past weekend - visiting my parents at their "when we retire" place.
No cable, no internet. 12 miles outside the closest town.
When we go for a visit, I always slightly dread coming back to "civilization".
Coming back to living in a neighborhood -
having just enjoyed having a more vast expanse between property lines.
At times I think I could stay "up in the country" indefinitely.
And other times I would longing for a visit to Walmart. Or a mall. Or "civilization"!
My parents have neighbors there that have a little garden.
They shared some of their bounty.
They never look quite as pretty as whats in the store - but always seem so much better.
They have several blueberry bushes and asked that we "fill up some buckets before you go".
Blueberries are just so pretty. Or is it just me? I think they are the "cheeriest" fruit :)
Even pretty going into the pancake batter!
And delicious in the pancakes!
I am sure I am underestimating farm life - but I sometimes dream about that life.
Maybe just a bit of land and a house - and a little garden -
for when we retire....



