Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Book Days

I just finished another good book.  Actually it was the third and what I thought was the last in a series of books by Lynn Austin. A good friend of mine kept telling me how good they were, and as usual, I didn't listen right away.  I kept thinking - "I have already read so much about the kings....  good, but I don't know how interesting they would be."  Well - how wrong I was.  I found them all at the library - and got the first 2 in one trip - read through them, and rushed to get the 3rd.  SOOOO  GOOOD!!!  I thought that was the end - but looked online this morning and discovered there are 2 more!  Well, since the library doesn't have the other 2, and I have a long list of great books just waiting to be read - I will have to get them some time in the future.


And now, of course, I always feel a slight emptiness after finishing such a good book - especially when I have read 3 in a row on the same group of people.  I miss them.

Oh, and don't let the cover of that book deter you.  It did me.  I imagine King Hezekiah to be much more handsome anyway!  LOL...

I am also reading this book, which I am about 3/4 of the way through:




And then, I got these two the other day and can't wait to start on them:






I think I will read the Priscilla Shirer one first - it looks so good, and I know once I start that Francine Rivers book - I will be so caught up, I won't be able to put it down!  Maybe I should wait till this semester is over.....  just a thought. 

Happy Reading to you!!