Friday, February 19, 2010

LOVE Latte' !

Everytime I go to a coffee shop, I order the same thing.  Actually, it took me a long time of going to coffee shops to figure out the one thing I loved.  But now I know. 

I love latte's!

So, I felt like plurging a bit (if you call spending $35 a splurge - like I do!). 
So, I bought myself an Espresso, Cappuccino, Latte' Machine Thingy.

Funny thing is, I don't like black coffee, or espresso.  Nor do I like to put milk in my coffee.  So, I am stumped as to why I love a latte....  You make espresso, pour it into your mug, then steam the milk (the magic happens to the milk here) till it is all foamy and frothy (sounds lovely, I know) - then pour it in the espresso!  I have figured out for myself, that I prefer my espresso made with a bit less coffee than they recommend.

Viola'!



And at over $3.00 a cup at a coffee shop, I can see making up my $35 - one day (I actually only go to a coffee shop about once a month!).  But still, now I can have the latte any time I feel like it.  Oh, there is actually one problem with the "any time I feel like it" theory.  It makes a bit of noise....  And here I am, up early, with the kids still sleeping (just like I like it), and to make my latte requires a bit of hissing steam. 

Now, doesn't that look delicious?


Hummm....  Which do I prefer, solitude over my morning latte'?  I think I shall sit quietly and wait till I hear footsteps walking down the hallway.  Until then, I may have to revert back to the old coffee maker.

Have a great weekend everyone!