Yesterday, I picked out a new calendar for 2010.
It must be something pretty - something I would want
hanging in my kitchen for a whole year!
Last night I neatly copied all the year's birthdays into the new
calendar - using the old one.
As I went through the months of 2009, I looked at all I had written.
Thought of all we had done.
Remembering with smiles many of those moments.
As I was writing out the birthdays and anniversaries in the new calendar,
I began to see just how many "new" changes will be coming our way.
Just to name a few:
Jacob will enter highschool
Jalyn will enter jr. high
And as strange as those first two are to me,
Joshua will enter the first grade.
I think that one is the saddest by far.
Not to have a little one home with me-
okay, let's not be sad Kristy - we won't go there -
not yet anyway!
My husband will most probably retire after 20 yrs in the military -
and begin a new career.
My classes will get harder and harder.
I will have a 15 yr old, an 11 yr old and a 5 yr old -
oh the range of those ages - and all that comes with them!
Me and my hubby will have been together as a couple for 20 yrs!
Wow! That is amazing right there!
Yes, it can be overwhelming to look ahead a whole year -
knowing just a bit of what is to come.
All the changes seem a bit scary to me now.
But I have to remember, God gives us His grace -
to handle whatever it is He allows - day by day.
Not a year ahead of time.
He will be with us - daily - no matter what,
He will see us through.
I like what it says here - on my new calendar.
I hope each one of you have a very blessed New Year....




