Wednesday, September 16, 2009

A Day In My Life

Things are moving along these days.
Busy from one to the next.

The kids are doing well in school.
Grades are all good.

Everyone is happy.

Joshua is getting used to preschool.
He gets up happily - eats his blueberry waffles.
Drinks his chocolate milk.
Gets dressed.
Loves his new Transformer shoes.
(We got them this past weekend)
They light up.
And he couldn't wait to show his teacher!

My days are spent studying,
writing papers,
playing,
learning Algebra,
eating too much,
praying,
going to class,
shopping,
cleaning and cooking.

These 3 hours - 3 times a week,
when Joshua is in school,
is spent doing school work,
and "me" time.
Time with God.

Now that our bible study begins -
tomorrow -
Esther,
I will be trying to find the time
to do that work.

To find God in the pages.
Of having my heart changed.
My mind stretched further
My theology adjusted.
My love for Him - deeper.

I look forward to making
another book
of the bible,
worn and my own.
I've already written notes
all over chapter 1.
From Darius, to his wife, to her father.
Taking me from Ezra, Isaiah - and back to Esther.
I love it already.
(Actually it starts tomorrow -
but I need to work - even if it's ahead -
when I can!)

Today will be spent cutting grass,
and cleaning house.
Making it welcoming
for new guests
and good friends.

I will try not to make myself crazy
or everyone else
in the effort of making everything perfect.

I fail at that one all the time!

Esther is right -
It is tough being a woman!